We love a tasty, easy recipe around here! This Tomato Basil Bisque will make you wonder why anyone would ever buy a canned soup off of a grocery store shelf. Not only is it rich and flavorful, but it comes together in minutes (without added junk or MSG!). You can have it with a salad or topped with flax crackers, or, cut the serving size from four to two for a heartier meal. We love it during Nourish, but you can also get creative and add homemade meatballs to it! (We have five different recipes for meatballs in CLUB!)
If you feel lost trying to minimize animal proteins, do consider all the wonderful items you DO get to add. Things like herbs, vegetables and healthy fats. Micronutrients are key to gut-healing and overall wellness.
Let us know what you think about this speedy-quick recipe in the comments below. We love hearing from you!
Want to know more about the 131 Method and diet phasing? Check us out! We’d love to help you lose weight, gain confidence and break the cycle of yo-yo dieting that makes you feel like a failure. Life’s too short to not look and feel your best. Our solution is unlike anything you’ve tried!
Let us know if you make our yummy tomato basil bisque! Comment below!
Tomato Basil BisquePrint Recipe
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- ¾ cup canned full-fat coconut milk
- 10-15 large basil leaves
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Pinch freshly ground pepper
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium. Add onions and stir until lightly browned, about 4 minutes, adding a few tablespoons of water to deglaze the pan, if needed. Stir in garlic for 2 minutes.
- Add onion mixture to a large blender with remaining ingredients and process until nearly smooth. Pour back into the pot to heat before serving.
- Makes about 4½ cups. For a heartier meal, make into 2-3 servings instead of four.
Calories: 169 | Protein: 2g | Fat: 10g | Carbs: 18.5g | Fiber: 2g | Net Carbs: 16.5g