Sweet Potato ToastPrint Recipe
- 1 large sweet potato, scrubbed clean
- Topping Inspiration:
- Banana, peanut butter, cinnamon, sugar-free chocolate chips
- Goat cheese, honey, raspberries, walnuts
- Guacamole, over easy egg, bacon
- Guacamole, hard-boiled egg, chives
- Roasted tomatoes, goat cheese, fresh basil, balsamic vinegar
- Mashed avocado, smoked salmon, dill, bagel seasoning
- Mustard, bacon, tomato, organic deli turkey, lettuce
- Heat oven to 375°F. Slice the sweet potato lengthwise using a mandolin slicer or large knife about 1/4-inch thick. With a large potato, you’ll likely get anywhere from 9-12 slices.
- Arrange the slices on a wire rack set on a large baking sheet and cook for 20-22 minutes, or until nearly cooked through. If storing for future use, cool completely, then set between paper towels in a container with a fitted lid. Store in refrigerator.
- If using right away, or out of the fridge, pop into a toaster oven or toaster set to high for about 1 cycle, or until cooked through and soft in the middle with slightly crispy edges.
- Top with desired toppings (which will vary based on the size of your toast and desires), and serve.
Calories: 18 | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Carbs: 4g | Fiber: .5g| Carbs: 3.5g