Diet Phasing with Phase it Up
The 131 Method Book explains three different phases to follow for 30-days at a time. Inside the online program, you have many more phases from which to choose. This Shrimp with Zucchini Noodles recipe can be found in our Ignite phase, which focuses on a LCHF (low carb, high fat) style of eating. This way of eating helps reduce inflammation and has people dropping weight quickly and safely. This isn’t a keto way of life! That’s the difference between Phase it Up and other diets. We don’t stick to the same thing for a long time, because our bodies get used to the same thing day in and day out.
Shrimp with Zucchini Noodles
Zoodles, or spiralized zucchini noodles, can be found in the produce sections of many markets if you don’t want to spiralize them yourself.
Serving; 1/4th recipe
Prep: 15 min
Cook: 12 min
- 4 medium zucchinis
- 2 teaspoons fine sea salt
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1-pound large shrimp, peeled, deveined, and dried
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted organic butter or ghee
- 1¼ teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed and drained (optional)
- Spiralize the zucchini. (If you do not own a spiralizer, simply use a vegetable peeler to create ribbons). Place in a colander and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of the salt to help the liquid release for 15 minutes. Blot dry with a clean dish towel or paper towels.
- Put 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet. Heat the oil over medium-high heat until shimmering. Season the shrimp with remaining salt and pepper. Add the shrimp in a single layer and let them cook without stirring until pink on one side, about 1 minute. Turn the shrimp and continue to cook until pink, about 1 minute. Shrimp does not have to be fully cooked through at this point. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil to the same pan. Add the onion and garlic, stirring occasionally, until the onion begins to soften, about 3 minutes. Deglaze the pan with 2 tablespoons of the wine, then add the tomatoes and remaining wine. Increase the heat slightly, and simmer until reduced by half, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add the butter, shrimp, and Italian seasoning and toss to coat the shrimp. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the zucchini noodles to the skillet and cook for 30 seconds, tossing to combine. Garnish with the capers before serving.
Calories: 350| Protein: 28g | Fat: 21g | Carbs: 12g | Fiber: 3g | Net Carbs: 9g
This post contains an affiliate link
We love our spiralizer and feel everyone needs one. You can create wonderful veggie noodles from zucchini, sweet potatoes, bell peppers, carrots and more. If you don’t have one, or wish to save time, many grocery stores have begun carrying the finished product. Trader Joe’s even carries these bagged and frozen. They do tend to be a little soggier than fresh, but in a pinch, they work.
Tell us about your favorite 131 Method recipes below! Haven’t grabbed the book yet? Try some of our yummy blog recipes…
Leave a Reply