You’re going to love the sweet, spongy and easy shortcake that let’s you enjoy some delicious dessert while feeling consistent and confident with your nutrition choices. Enjoy the best shortcake recipe out there!
- 2 cups almond flour
- ½ cup Swerve Sweetener Confectioners
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch sea salt
- ½ cup full-fat canned coconut milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can heavy coconut cream (chilled overnight)
- ¼ cup Swerve Sweetener Confectioners
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 10 strawberries, chopped
- ⅓ cup blueberries
- Heat oven to 350°F. Add dry ingredients to a large bowl and mix well. Add coconut milk, eggs, lemon juice and vanilla and whisk or beat on low-speed until combined, about 1 minute.
- Coat 6 ramekins with cooking spray and pour in batter evenly.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Add 1 cup of the solid portion of the coconut cream to a bowl and beat on medium with the Swerve and vanilla until fluffy. Save the remaining coconut cream/milk for another use.
- Slice each shortcake in half, add a dollop of the coconut whip, and sprinkle with strawberries and blueberries. Top with other half of the cake.
- If you’d prefer to use 2 tablespoons per serving of CoCoWhip brand whipped cream instead of making your own, the macros will vary; the calories will be much less, the fat will be lower, and the carbs will be higher.
Calories: 414 | Protein: 11g | Fat: 36g | Carbs: 12g | Fiber: 5g| Net Carbs: 7g
With 2 TBS CoCoWhip per serving:
Calories: 320 | Protein: 11g | Fat: 25g | Carbs: 16g | Fiber: 5g| Net Carbs: 11g