Fall is definitely the time of year where temptation lurks in every coffee house, grocery store and party. Fun-sized candy bars fill the break room, and high calorie lattes with sweet and spicy names beckon us on chalkboards while standing in the Starbucks line. However, it IS possible to remain festive and satisfied without the extra sugar, carbs and chemicals. Our Pumpkin Spice Bagels contain a nice dose of fiber and healthy fats, without any sugar or gluten. Ours keep you satiated, while the jumbo bagels from the corner store leave you tired and craving chocolate around 3 p.m. With only 5 minutes of hands-on time and about 15 minutes in the oven, you could be biting into bread-y goodness you made yourself!
Pumpkin Spice Bagel Highlights
- Contains almond flour, coconut flour and flax, which are all low carb and contain healthy fiber.
- Apple cider vinegar reacts with the baking soda, lending airiness. Plus, AVC has some pretty deep health benefits.
- Pumpkin seeds and spice add that fall festive feeling we love to smell and taste. However, there’s no pumpkin in this recipe. For a bunch of our favorite pumpkin recipes, check out the list below.
- Super easy to make! Your house will smell amazing and you could be frosting your bagel with nut butter or healthy cream cheese in under 20 minutes.
Pumpkin Spice Bagels
Yield: 4 servings
Serving Size: 1 bagel
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 15 min
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons Lakanto Sweetener Golden (or stevia, to taste)
- 1 tablespoon ground flax
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tablespoon arrowroot or tapioca flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch sea salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds, optional
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Add almond flour through salt in a medium bowl and stir. Combine eggs and apple cider vinegar in a second small bowl. Add wet ingredients to dry and whisk until combined.
- Spoon into a silicone donut pan. Tap the pan to flatten the dough or use the back of a spoon. Sprinkle with seeds, if using.
- Bake for 15-16 minutes, or until firm. Cool, then gently remove. Slice in half and toast before serving. Feel free to dust with more Lakanto and pumpkin pie spice for a sweeter bagel.
Calories: 227| Protein: 9g | Fat: 20 | Carbs: 12g | Fiber: 3.5g | Net Carbs: 8.5g
Let us know your biggest fall temptations below! Maybe we can do a recipe makeover on your favorite treat! Comment below…