Breakfast, brunch, or sweet treat, you decide! Full of healthy, satisfying fats, fiber, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, these scones are a much healthier version than traditional recipes. We take your typical, run of the mill scone recipe up a notch with the festive flavors of pumpkin and cranberry. This dynamic duo screams holidays, but can really be enjoyed at any time of the year. And…the health benefits are abundant. Yay!
Cranberries, touted for preventing the dreaded urinary tract infection (UTI), offer several health benefits, including decreasing the risk of cardiovascular disease, and some cancers. We use fresh cranberries, not dried, which are often sweetened with sugar.
Fancy enough for friends and family, yet easy enough for any day of the week, they’re a recipe to archive for sure! They’re made in ONE bowl, so cleanup is a breeze!
Pumpkin Cranberry SconesPrint Recipe
- 2½ cups (300g) almond flour
- 3 tablespoons zero calorie sweetener or stevia, to taste*
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup canned pumpkin (room temp)
- 1 egg (room temp)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil or butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh cranberries, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large bowl, add almond flour through sea salt and stir. Stir in the canned pumpkin through vanilla until fully combined. Stir in the cranberries.
- Lay parchment paper or a Silpat on a baking sheet. Take the dough and form into the size of a dinner plate. Smooth the tops and edges. Score with a pizza cutter or knife into 8 slices.
- Sprinkle the top with granulated sweetener, if desired. Bake for 30 minutes.
- *You can purchase sugar substitutes such as Swerve or Lakanto brands. Alternatively, use stevia and adjust the amount, as stevia is far sweeter.
Calories: 277 | Protein: 10g | Fat: 23g | Carbs: 9g | Fiber: 5g | Net Carbs: 4g