One Pot Steel Cut Apple Cinnamon OatsPrint Recipe
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 medium apples, diced
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup steel cut oats (not instant)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or ghee
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Stevia or Monk Fruit, to taste*
- Coat the bottom of an Instant Pot or crockpot with cooking spray.
- Add apples, water, oats, coconut oil, cinnamon and vanilla extract and stir to combine. Add in a bit of your preferred sweetener (6 mini scoops of concentrated stevia or ¼ cup Monk Fruit) and stir.
- Close the lid. If using an Instant Pot, set to manual and high for 13 minutes. When finished, unplug the Instant Pot and allow for slow release. Stir well, taste, and add additional sweetener, if desired. (In total, it takes a few minutes to get to temperature, then the cook time, and slow release takes another 10+ minutes).
- If using a crockpot, set to low for about 6 hours, or until oats are soft. Stir well, taste, and add additional sweetener, if desired. Be careful not to overcook, because the oats will get mushy.
*Everyone’s taste buds are different with sweetness, and it depends on the type used. It’s best to add just a bit before cooking, and adjust each bowl before serving.
If portioning out for the week, store in microwave-safe containers and leave room for water or nondairy milk. When reheating, add a few tablespoons of liquid, stir, and heat.
Feel free to sweeten with coconut sugar or honey. Add nutmeg, ginger, pumpkin pie spice or cloves, if desired.
Calories: 253 | Protein: 7g | Fat: 7g | Carbs: 42g | Fiber: 7g | Net Carbs: 35g