We know our loyal Phase it Up members love things that are quick, easy, family-friendly and made from whole, real foods. We are always listening to what you want and need. For many of you, it’s stuff to keep on hand for the family #covid #fullhouse #alwayshungry. With just a handful of ingredients and a few minutes, you can whip up these satisfying dark chocolate treats the whole family will enjoy. Made with nuts, cacao powder, dates and a simple frosting, these No Bake Vegan Brownies always hit the spot!
Oh- and if you need more reasons to try this recipe, read our blog about the health benefits of chocolate! The combination of raw nuts, dark cacao powder and no added sugar are just a few reasons to get the the store for ingredients. These babies are chock-full of antioxidants. The texture is chewy and the frosting tastes rich, creamy and smooth. You could totally try different nuts in the base, and even a peanut butter frosting for the top by adding a little peanut butter.
No Bake Vegan Brownies
Yield: 16 servings
Serving Size: 1 brownie
Prep Time: 10 min
Chill Time: 15 min
- 3 cups raw mixed nuts*
- 2 cups Medjool dates (pitted)
- ½ cup cacao powder
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons sugar-free chocolate chips
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons Swerve Confectioners Sweetener
- Pinch sea salt
- Add the nuts (*we used 1 cup each of walnuts, almonds and pecans), dates, cacao powder and vanilla to a food processor. Process until a sticky dough forms. Press into an 8-by-8-inch pan.
- Microwave the coconut oil and chocolate chips for 45 seconds. Stir until melted. Add the cacao powder, sweetener and salt and stir. Pour over the top of the brownies. Refrigerate for 15 minutes or until the frosting sets. Cut into 16 squares.
Calories: 258| Protein: 5g | Fat: 15g | Carbs: 30g | Fiber: 6g | Net Carbs: 24g
Let us know if you try these no bake vegan brownies in the comments below!