Looking for a Snack that Satisfies? Minty Brownie Bites to the Rescue
What often makes a treat the kind you keep eating that never seems to fill you up? The kind with straight sugar and no redeeming qualities, that’s what! Our rich and lightly minty brownie bite recipe includes healthy ingredients like fiber, known to keep you fuller longer. Oh, and these require no baking! Gosh we love a good and easy recipe!
Obsessed with Cacao
We simply cannot get enough of this super-food filled with cancer-fighting polyphenols. High in iron, magnesium and good for your brain and mood, it’s a food we’re thrilled about because of its vast benefits. Plus, who doesn’t like chocolate?! We sweeten our treats with either Swerve or Lakanto to keep the carbs lower. Even though this recipe is one we call “Carb Charge” here at the 131 Method, we prefer our carbs to come from whole food sources. In this recipe, the carbs come from the secret ingredient…black beans, plus the cacao and a little coconut flour.
Our Minty Brownie Bites use beans (processed until smooth in a food processor) like a flour would be used. So, the flavor stays very neutral and becomes completely disguised by the cacao and mint. (Trust us!). The beans offer filling fiber, which is, ideally what you want from food…the ability to feel satisfied. Comfortably full. Not raiding the kitchen 45 minutes after a meal.
Beans and some folks don’t always agree. If eating beans makes you feel bloated or gassy, try this recipe instead.
Comment below on this recipe! Try fooling your kids! See if they guess the secret ingredient!
Minty Brownie BitesPrint Recipe
- 1 can (15.5oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- 5 tablespoons powdered Monk Fruit sweetener, or stevia, to taste
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- ¼ teaspoon mint extract
- Pinch sea salt
- 2½ tablespoons (28g) sugar-free chocolate chips or 80% dark chocolate
- Add all ingredients (except chocolate chips) to a food processor and process until smooth, scraping sides a few times. Transfer mixture to a bowl and place in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Roll into 14 balls.
- Melt chocolate in a microwave in 20-second intervals until smooth. Drizzle on top.
Feel free to swap out the mint extract for coconut or vanilla extract.
Calories: 48| Protein: 2.5g | Fat: 1g | Carbs: 8g | Fiber: 3g | Net Carbs: 5g