Maxi-Walnut Lettuce WrapsPrint Recipe
- 1 cup raw walnut pieces
- 6 tablespoons low-carb salsa, divided
- 1 tablespoon garlic flavored olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Mexican seasoning powder, such as Flavor God or Mrs. Dash
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 6 Butter lettuce cups
- Add the walnuts, ¼ cup salsa, olive oil and seasoning to a mini-food processor and pulse/process, scraping sides as needed, until the nuts resemble about the size of quinoa. When done, the mixture looks similar to refried beans.
- Coat a small pan with cooking spray and heat over medium. Add walnut mixture, remaining salsa and green onion and stir until just heated through, about 3 minutes.
- Spoon into lettuce cups.
Feel free to top with olives, cilantro, bell peppers, avocado or nutritional yeast to change the macros and flavor profile.
Calories: 484 | Protein: 10g | Fat: 47g | Carbs: 14.5g | Fiber: 5g | Net Carbs: 9.5g