Boy oh boy do we love a little something to go with one of our 131 Fat Coffees. These low carb chocolate chip scones really hit the spot when you want a quick breakfast or afternoon snack. You don’t have to be phasing a keto diet to enjoy low carbohydrate recipes! All of our Phase it Up recipes are designed with your help in mind, no matter which phase in life (and your diet) you’re in. We used anti-inflammatory ingredients, never use sugar, and try keeping them quick and easy. To learn more about Phase it Up by the 131 Method, click here.
Low Carb Chocolate Chip Scones
Yield: 8 servings
Serving Size: 1 scone
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 22 min
- 1 ¼ cups almond flour
- ⅓ cup Lakanto Golden or Swerve
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Pinch sea salt
- ¼ cup slightly softened butter
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 ounces sugar-free chocolate chips (plus more for drizzling, if desired)
- Heat oven to 325°F. Stir together almond flour through salt.
- Cut in the butter, egg, and extract. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Line a sheet tray with parchment paper. Form a dough ball with your hands and place dough on parchment. Pat down and form a circle.
- Using a sharp knife cutting straight down, score the scones into 8 triangles.
- Bake for 22 minutes or until edges are golden. Allow to cool fully before removing from baking sheet.
- Drizzle with melted sugar-free chocolate chips or make a cream cheese and powdered Swerve icing, if desired.
Calories: 206| Protein: 6g | Fat: 17.5g | Carbs: 8g | Fiber: 5g | Net Carbs: 3g
More Phase it Up Recipes you’ll love (and they all go great with coffee!)…