All chocolate lovers, get ready! You’re in for a real treat. A rich, chocolate-y, “tastes too good to be healthy” kind of treat. The taste is all brownie, but the texture is cookie. Could it be that we married two of the most yummy foods in the world (and made it without junk)? Yes indeed! Our Chocolate Brownie Cookies are keto-friendly and you probably have all the ingredients in your pantry right now. So, what are you waiting for?!
Chocolate Brownie Cookies Recipe Highlights
- Loaded with antioxidant-rich polyphenols from the cacao powder.
- Cacao powder contains: anti-cancer properties, iron, magnesium and calcium (more than cow’s milk!)
- We use a powdered erythritol (Swerve) and/or monk fruit + erythritol sweetener called Lakanto, so these are sugar-free.
- The chocolate brownie flavor also comes from our favorite sugar-free chocolate: Lily’s Sweets.
- Just a tiny bit of egg white is the only liquid used.
Check out our other sweet treats using cacao powder. (Did we mention cacao also helps with diabetes, mood and keeps your brain healthy?).
What are your favorite chocolate recipes? Let us know when you try our Low Carb Chocolate Brownie Cookies in the comments below!
Chocolate Brownie CookiesPrint Recipe
- 1 cup Swerve Sweetener Confectioners or Powdered Monk Fruit
- ¾ cup cacao powder
- 5 tablespoons liquid egg whites
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup sugar-free chocolate chips
- Pinch sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Add ingredients to a medium bowl and stir until a thick dough forms.
- Using a rounded tablespoons, scoop dough onto a silicone baking mat or parchment paper coated with cooking spray. Batter will be thick, so press down lightly to form a roughly 2-inch circle.
- Bake for 11 to 12 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes before removing. Sift with additional cacao powder and confectioners Swerve, if desired.
- Cookies will be soft out of the oven and will harden slightly at room temperature. Keep in a sealed container for up to 3 days.
- The sweetener used in this recipe is calorie-free and the majority of carbs are from sugar alcohols, therefore, non-impact carbs. However, we included the total carbs in the nutrition information. The net carbs are total carbs minus fiber and sugar alcohol.
Calories: 31 | Protein: 2g | Fat: 1g | Carbs: 14g | Fiber: 1.5g | Net Carbs: 2.5g
Leave a Reply