Lite Sous Vide Egg BitesPrint Recipe
- ½ cup liquid egg whites
- ½ cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup diced bell pepper (any color)
- 1 green onion (green part only), diced
- 1 oz goat’s milk cheddar, finely grated (optional)
- Add the egg whites, cottage cheese, eggs, salt, and garlic powder to a small blender and process for 20 seconds, until smooth.
- Add 1 cup of water to the bottom of an Instant Pot. Pour the egg mixture into the seven silicone cavities of a sous vide egg container, or use silicone muffin cups (it’s about ¼ cup for each). Place the container/cups onto the trivet that came with the Instant Pot. Sprinkle in the bell pepper, green onion and cheese and stir slightly to incorporate throughout.
- Set the Instant Pot to the steam setting for 13 minutes, then let it slow release for 10. Remove egg bites and invert out of containers. Store any leftovers in the refrigerator, sealed, for up to 5 days.
Calories: 59 | Protein: 6g | Fat: 3g | Carbs: 1g | Fiber: 0g | Net Carbs: 1g