Get ready for a real treat! The lightest, most fluffy and airy egg bites made in an Instant Pot. (If you don’t own one, no worries. You can still make them in an oven. However, the steaming of the Instant Pot cooks them like magic!).
The inspiration here was the egg bites at Starbucks. But, you know how we love making healthier versions of our faves, so this recipe just had to happen! Depending on what you whirl together, you can make these fit any phase of your 131 Method plan. Add some extra yolks or cheese for Fat Burning days. Keep them light with more egg whites and low fat cottage cheese for Lean Green days (and try adding extra veggies). Or serve your Lean Green version beside some sweet potato hash for Carb Charge days. The great thing about this recipe is that make several at once. This provides you with at least three day’s worth of egg bites. Talk about preparedness, right?!
Lite Sous Vide Egg Bites Highlights
- Versatile! Change up the flavor profile by adding different vegetables, or even diced ham or turkey.
- Easy:) Simply mix or blend, pour, and turn on that Instant Pot.
- Fabulous way to get in herbs and spices (which serve as some of the best ways to get your antioxidants, according to Dr. Axe).
- Eggs (specifically the yolks) contain important vitamins and nutrients like vitamin K and choline.
If you don’t have an Instant Pot
Simply pour your egg bite batter into silicone muffins cups and bake in an oven set to 375 degrees for 15-18 minutes, or until cooked through. They won’t have the same texture, but the flavors will still be amazing. Your muffin cups might hold more batter than the sous vide egg container we use, so adjust cooking time (and nutrition info) as needed.
Feel free to enjoy 2-3 of these cute little bits at a time. The calories are so low, there’s no need to stick to just one!
Comment! We ADORE your comments and messages, so leave some below and we’ll respond:)
Lite Sous Vide Egg BitesPrint Recipe
- ½ cup liquid egg whites
- ½ cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup diced bell pepper (any color)
- 1 green onion (green part only), diced
- 1 oz goat’s milk cheddar, finely grated (optional)
- Add the egg whites, cottage cheese, eggs, salt, and garlic powder to a small blender and process for 20 seconds, until smooth.
- Add 1 cup of water to the bottom of an Instant Pot. Pour the egg mixture into the seven silicone cavities of a sous vide egg container, or use silicone muffin cups (it’s about ¼ cup for each). Place the container/cups onto the trivet that came with the Instant Pot. Sprinkle in the bell pepper, green onion and cheese and stir slightly to incorporate throughout.
- Set the Instant Pot to the steam setting for 13 minutes, then let it slow release for 10. Remove egg bites and invert out of containers. Store any leftovers in the refrigerator, sealed, for up to 5 days.
Calories: 59 | Protein: 6g | Fat: 3g | Carbs: 1g | Fiber: 0g | Net Carbs: 1g