Lavender Magnesium Body ButterPrint Recipe
- 3½oz (about ¾ cup loose) mango butter or cocoa butter*
- 3oz (½ cup) coconut oil, room temp.
- 2 tablespoons magnesium oil**
- 20-25 drops lavender essential oil (or oil of choice)
- ½ teaspoon beet powder (optional, for color)
- Add the mango or cocoa butter and oil to a small pot and heat on low until softened and nearly melted. Stir.
- Pour into a bowl and place in freezer for 15-20 minutes, or until beginning to freeze. You want it firm and chilled, yet still soft enough for the next step, which is uses beaters. If you begin beating and it’s too loose, just freeze a few minutes longer.
- Using a stand mixer or hand beaters, whip the mixture until fluffy. Add the magnesium oil, essential oil and beet powder, if using, and continue to whip until fully combined. If mixture becomes too loose again after beating, freeze for 5 minutes.
- Place in a Mason jar and rub on feet (and cover with socks) and body before bed.
*Mango butter has a neutral smell but is slightly less firm. Cocoa butter yields a slightly firmer body butter and has a deep chocolate scent. The lavender oil doesn’t always cover up the chocolatey aroma. So, you can use different oils that complement the scent, like peppermint or vanilla, if you like.
**Magnesium oil can sting a bit if placed directly onto skin, which is why body butter is a nice way to get this important mineral.