Keto means low carb, but not zero carb! It also doesn’t mean days on end of butter and bacon. Nope! If done right, you should be eating lots of keto-friendly vegetables, moderate protein from high-quality animals…and the occasional treat, if you desire. That’s why at the 131 Method we make hundreds of yummy recipes to help you through different phases of your diet. These keto chocolate chip blondies work well in our Ignite phase (click here to learn more). Though, we give an option so that you can enjoy them during the Nourish phase, or really, any time you like!
Keto Chocolate Chip Blondie Highlights
This dessert is gluten-free and sugar-free and only contains a handful of ingredients. What makes them keto is their fat/carb/protein ratio. The fat comes from butter and almond flour. (Feel free to swap in a vegan butter like Miyokos, if desired). Almonds (and almond flour) contain a good amount of fiber, potassium and magnesium.
Made in just one bowl, this dessert comes together in under 30 minutes (including bake time). And chances are, you have the ingredients at home already if you follow our 131 Method meal plans or grocery lists.
One ingredient you might not have, or know much about is psyllium husk. Read all about this high fiber food here. But in the meantime, just know that a little addition to your keto baked goods keeps them soft and more elastic.
Keto Chocolate Chip Blondies
Yield: 12 servings
Serving Size: 1 square
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 26 min
- ½ cup butter or vegan butter, melted
- ½ cup Lakanto Golden Sweetener
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1 tablespoon psyllium husk powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch sea salt
- ¼ cup sugar-free chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350° Combine everything except for chocolate chips in a large bowl.
- Mix with a wooden spoon until just combined (don’t over-mix). Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Line a 9 x 6-inch pan with parchment. (Or make them in a 9-by-9 and adjust baking time). Evenly spread batter to edges.
- Bake for 25-27 minutes. Remove and cool for 30 minutes before cutting into squares.
- Net carbs=fiber and sugar alcohols subtracted from total carbs.
Calories: 184| Protein: 5g | Fat: 19g | Carbs: 8g | Fiber: 3g | Net Carbs: 4g
Comment below when you make this recipe!