Moms, if you’re anything like us, you’re running around all day! Sometimes, thoughts for dinner come a little too late (when the kids are whining and stress has you opening a bottle of wine). Save your sanity and bookmark this easy and versatile Lemon Garlic Chicken recipe that can be on the table in under 15 minutes, served with any side dish you like. Made in the Instant Pot, it’s super healthy and will please the whole family.
Regardless of the phase you’re in for the 131 Method, this Instant Pot Lemon Garlic Chicken recipe works for you! In Carb Charge? Serve with sweet potatoes, rice or pasta. Lean Green today? Just serve with steamed veggies or over a salad. Ignite? Slather in ghee and serve with some creamed spinach.
Don’t own an Instant Pot yet? Don’t worry! You can make this Lemon Garlic Chicken recipe in a crock pot. The texture will be slightly different, but still delicious! We are all about gadgets that make your life easier. The Instant Pot is just one of the many we use often. Our newest favorite is the Air Fryer. Do you own one? We did a blog (and video) all about it. Check that out below. You’ll thank us later!
Let us know how this Garlic Chicken recipe saves your life in the comments below!
Instant Pot Lemon Garlic ChickenPrint Recipe
- 4 small (3oz) chicken breasts
- 1½ tablespoons lemon garlic seasoning powder (such as Flavor God)
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Pinch black pepper (optional)
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 cup water
- 2 lemons, sliced in half
- Pat dry chicken breasts. Coat both sides with cooking spray and season both sides with seasoning, salt and pepper, if using.
- Turn Instant Pot to sauté, and add avocado oil. Once hot, gently nestle all 4 chicken breasts inside. Cook undisturbed for 2-3 minutes. Coat tops with additional cooking spray. Using a metal spatula, flip breasts and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove chicken to a plate. Turn Instant Pot off. Pour water, and the juice of 1 lemon into the Instant Pot. Set the metal trivet inside and place chicken breasts on top. Squeeze juice of remaining lemon on top. Close lid and set to manual high for 5 minutes.
- Allow chicken to natural release for 3 minutes, then carefully quick release. Remove chicken from pot and rest for 5 minutes before cutting.
- Serve with rice or potatoes for Carb Charge days and over a simple salad for Lean Green Days.
Calories: 147 | Protein: 20g | Fat: 5.5g | Carbs: 3g | Fiber: 0g | Net Carbs: 3g