Bret Johnson teaches you how to make the perfect juicy burger. He’ll walk you through the process step-by-step and show you exactly what he uses to make the flavor pop and keep guests coming back for more!
Whip these turkey burgers the next time you host a party. In fact, mix up several batches to eat throughout your week. You can even make them into sliders (just adjust cooking time if you do). Juicy and flavorful, we think you’ll adopt Bret’s cooking technique from here on out. No need for a BBQ when you’ve got his indoor method down pat!
Bret’s Turkey Burger Recipe
Yield: 3 servings
Serving Size: 1 patty
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 25 min
- 1 pound organic ground turkey (93% lean)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 cup mushrooms, diced
- ½ cup bell peppers (any color), diced
- ½ cup gluten-free breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon spicy seasoning such as Flavor God Everything Spicy
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- In large skillet, heat ½ tablespoon olive oil over medium and add the mushrooms and bell peppers. Sauté for 5 minutes, or until softened.
- In separate large bowl, combine ground turkey, breadcrumbs, egg, seasoning and salt. Mix well with hands, then add cooked vegetables. Form 3 large patties.
- Add remaining oil into same skillet used for the vegetables and lay down the patties. Cook for about 5 minutes per side (you want the insides underdone).
- Place patties into a baking dish and tent with tin foil. Place in oven for 15 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Calories: 370
- Protein: 32g
- Fat: 17g
- Carbs: 17g
- Fiber: 1g
- Net Carbs: 16g
To learn more about the 131 Method, visit www.131method.com