Oh summer, how we love thee! The long, warm days. Beach kinks in the hair. Outdoor dinners with seasonal veggies and fruits. And lots and lots of salad! In order to shake up the flavor profiles, we recommend simply changing up your dressings. We have a bunch in the 131 Method, and a few linked below. But this summery dressing is one you cannot miss! Our Honey Basil Dressing intertwines sweet, citrus and herb-y goodness for a fresh topping on any salad. Try it with simple butter lettuce and grapefruit segments. Dress over Romaine and grilled chicken. Or, try over bitter arugula with some shrimp. YUM!
Honey Basil Dressing Highlights
We chose raw honey to lightly sweeten this recipe because of its numerous health benefits. Most regular honey in stores is pasteurized. The high heat kills unwanted yeast and extends the shelf life. However, many of the beneficial nutrients are destroyed in the process. Raw honey benefits include (1):
- High in antioxidants, which help to protect your body from cell damage from free radicals
- Raw honey kills bacteria and fungus. It naturally contains hydrogen peroxide, an antiseptic
- Some hospitals use Manuka honey to treat wounds thanks to its germ fighting abilities. It also speeds up healing and lessens infections
- Studies show raw honey contains immune-boosting and anti-cancer benefits
- It’s widely used for sore throats with a bit of lemon in tea, or just straight
- No-added sugar way to add sweetness to desserts, like this amazing grilled pineapple dessert
Additionally, our Honey Basil Dressing contains avocado oil (which we love and has health benefits of its own). The freshly squeezed grapefruit juice and herb-a-licious basil round out the flavors for an unexpected treat that hits all the taste buds.
Want some bonus recipes?
Check out some of our favorite dressings here. And for a whole bunch more, visit the 131 Method.
Honey Basil DressingPrint Recipe
- ⅓ cup freshly squeezed grapefruit juice
- 2 to 3 tablespoons minced basil
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- Pinch sea salt
- Pinch black pepper
- Pinch black pepper
- Whisk together all ingredients until the honey has completely dissolved/combined.
- Drizzle over a salad of fresh greens, grapefruit segments, and sliced avocado.
Calories: 100 | Protein: 0g | Fat: 7g | Carbs: 11g | Fiber: 0g | Net Carbs: 0g
Leave a Reply