Be the hostess with the most-ess by bringing these ever-so-cute mini Parmesan Salad Cups to your next party. Get creative with the salad that goes inside! The varieties are endless!
Parmesan Salad Cups
Truly, this recipe requires one ingredient: Parmesan. The salad you choose to fill inside is clearly up to you. We put one together that we love, but you honestly cannot mess this up! Provided you include a healthy and fresh salad, these little cups are sure to go fast at any party. Buy a high-quality Parmesan and either shred it yourself, or buy it pre-shredded. Both work well!
The key to having them turn out well comes down to how you let them cool slightly, then drape to form a cup. You’ll want to work quickly, but carefully. Oh- and they’re piping hot, so be careful!
Want a few more of our favorite salad and dressing recipes that work beautifully in these cute Parmesan Salad Cups? You’re in luck. The 131 Method strives to bring you delicious, yet easy recipes that fight inflammation. 90% of our recipes do not contain dairy. 99% are gluten-free. 100% are sugar-free. We teach diet phasing (because traditional diets with dumb food rules don’t work). Check out 131 Method.com for more info. And in the meantime, keep visiting our blog for recipes, nutrition advice and cutting edge science.
Our Favorite Salads
Our Favorite Dressings
Parmesan Salad CupsPrint Recipe
- 1¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 cups arugula or mixed greens
- 5 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 5 kalamata olives, sliced in half
- 10 basil leaves, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons garlic flavored olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 10 shot glasses or muffin cups, upside down
- Heat oven to 375°F. Use a tablespoon to scoop about 2 tablespoons on cheese onto a parchment or silpat-lined baking sheet, leaving about an inch of space between each mound to account for spreading. Pat each mound down slightly. Bake for 4 to 5 minutes, until the edges are lightly brown.
- Allow melted cheese to cool for about a minute, or until you can safely use a spatula to scoop the disk and drape over the shot glass/muffin cup. Leave draped until fully cooled, about 5 minutes. Blot excess oil with a paper towel.
- Add the salad greens, tomatoes, olives, basil, oil and lemon juice to a medium bowl and toss well. Fill parmesan cups just before serving.
Calories: 71 | Protein: 4g | Fat: 6g | Carbs: 1g | Fiber: 0g| Net Carbs: 1g