Ok, we know, healthy pumpkin hummus might sound a little weird at first, but trust us, it’s amazing! Adding pumpkin, spices and a little red pepper adds a seasonal punch to a party favorite. Pumpkin also adds antioxidants, fiber and a hint of color, making this a must-make app for your next fall party.
Most of us think of sweet things like pie, cake and lattes when we hear the word pumpkin (yes, we love it sweet too). But really, there are many savory recipes using this healthy fruit. Yep, it’s a fruit by definition even though it’s not sweet. Have you tried stuffed ravioli or pumpkin soup? And let’s not forget pumpkin facials! So think of this hummus like a nutrient-packed savory holiday dip that’s a little spicy with sweet undertones.
Just as creamy as traditional hummus, our pumpkin hummus recipe provides all the fall flavors associated with “pumpkin spice everything.” Consider some low carb or gluten-free crackers when bringing this dish for a crowd. And dig in with veggies for yourself (since you’re a 131 girl or guy and you know what vegetables do to elevate your body)!
The Deets on Pumpkin
One cup of cooked pumpkin contains (1):
- Calories: 49
- Fat: 0.2 grams
- Protein: 2 grams
- Carbs: 12 grams
- Fiber: 3 grams
- Vitamin A: 245% of the Reference Daily Intake (RDI)
- Vitamin C: 19% of the RDI
- Potassium: 16% of the RDI
- Copper: 11% of the RDI
- Manganese: 11% of the RDI
- Vitamin B2: 11% of the RDI
- Vitamin E: 10% of the RDI
Let us know if you try this delicious recipe for healthy pumpkin hummus for fall in the comments below!
Pumpkin HummusPrint Recipe
- 1 (15.5oz) can garbanzo beans, drained
- ½ cup canned pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon Swerve (optional)
- Place all ingredients into a large food processor and process for 30 seconds, or until smooth.
Calories: 137| Protein: 5g | Fat: 4.5g | Carbs: 20g | Fiber: 4g | Net Carbs: 16g