Grilled Pineapple is extremely versatile. Grilling intensifies the tropical flavors of pineapple. Try it in salsa, under chicken, with a burger, in a margarita, or as a fresh summer dessert. We like it grilled on an outdoor BBQ, but a grill pan, panini press or George Foreman Grill work too. Grilled pineapple is naturally sweet, so you need very few ingredients to make this delicious recipe.
This dessert tastes so fresh and light for the summer months. Eating seasonally is better for your body, and the environment! Got questions about the health of your body and choosing the right foods? We got your back! Check out the 131 Method Book!
Grilled Pineapple Delight
Yield: 8 servings
Serving Size: 1 slice
Prep Time: 5 min
Marinate Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 8 min
- 1 pineapple
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3 tablespoons raw honey
- Zest of 2 limes
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup Coco Whip
- ¼ cup toasted coconut
- Slice the ends off the pineapple and remove the rind. Slice into 8 even circles measuring about 4½-inches across and ¾-inch thick .
- Add the pineapple, lime juice, honey and zest to a large Ziploc bag. Marinate for 15 minutes, moving the pieces so they all become coated.
- Coat a grill pan with nonstick cooking spray over medium heat and lay down 4 pineapple rounds, or, place them all on a large BBQ. Cook approximately 4 minutes per side, until they’ve got nice grill marks.
- Remove to a plate to cool slightly, then top each with about 2 tablespoons of Coco Whip. Sprinkle with coconut.
Calories: 154| Protein: 0g | Fat: 2.5g | Carbs: 33g | Fiber: 2g| Net Carbs: 31g
Let us know what ya think of this recipe in the comments below!