Fruit and Nut Salad with Mint Dressing
It really doesn’t get any tastier (or prettier) than this sweet and savory fruit and nut salad! Designed with the 4th of July in mind, it really works for any occasion. A true antioxidant powerhouse, it’s the first thing to get eaten up at every party. Let us break down for you all the reasons why below…
Aside from lots of love (#given) this fruit and nut salad features arugula, three types of berries, heart healthy olive oil, and a surprising herb in the dressing. Fresh mint! Don’t worry! It won’t taste like a stick of gum. The light mint flavor pairs amazingly well with the sweet nuts and berries. The optional cheese (feta or goat) lends a salty or creamy balance to the dish.
Why we love…
Blueberries: a great source of vitamin K1, vitamin C, and manganese. Consuming blueberries on a regular basis may prevent heart disease, improve brain health and protect your body from free radicals.
Arugula: cancer fighting super-food. Arugula is part of the brassica family of vegetables. Think cruciferous veggies like broccoli, cauliflower and cabbage. It helps reduce inflammation in the body and detoxifies too. Check out another recipe we love with arugula here.
Mint: anti-inflammatory, helps IBS and indigestion. Also helps with bad breath:)
Check out a few of our other 4th of July Recipes!
Be sure to let us know if you try our Fruit and Nut Salad in the comments below!
Want to know more about the 131 Method? The answer to hormone balance, gut healing and weight loss without strict rules and miserable dieting? Known for being the “anti-diet,” and created by celebrity fitness trainer, Chalene Johnson, the 131 Method teaches people about food and what it does to their bodies. So rather than going on a diet, you create your own diet. One that works for you and your physiology. Visit 131 Method.com.
Red, White & Blue SaladPrint Recipe
- 8 cups Spring Mix Salad Greens
- 4oz crumbled feta or goat cheese
- 8 medium strawberries, sliced
- ½ cup raspberries
- ⅓ cup blueberries
- ⅓ cup pecan pieces
- ½ tablespoon Swerve Sweetener Granular
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons low carb balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 chopped strawberries
- 5 drops liquid stevia
- Pinch sea salt
- Pinch black pepper
- 10-12 fresh mint leaves
- Place the salad greens on a bowl or on a platter and decorate the top with berries and feta.
- Add the pecans and Swerve to a small skillet over medium low and shake the pan until the Swerve melts and the nuts are coated. Remove to a small sheet of wax paper to cool.
- To make the dressing: add the olive oil through pepper in a mini-blender and process until smooth. Pulse in the mint leaves.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and serve. Garnish with extra chopped mint leaves, if desired.
Calories: 301 | Protein: 8g | Fat: 25.5g | Carbs: 11g | Fiber: 4g| Net Carbs: 7g