We are flax fanatics over here at Phase it Up. A fantastic source of fiber and super versatile in cooking, flax is a super food you should consider adding to your diet. From vegan eggs to these delicious and easy flax cinnamon muffins, this ingredient belongs in your kitchen!
Flax Cinnamon Muffins
Makes 12 servings
Serving size: 1 muffin
Prep time: 8 min
Cook Time: 20 min
Cool Time: 20 min
- 2 cups ground flax seeds
- ½ cup Swerve Confectioners Style Sweetener
- 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon non-aluminum baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 5 large organic eggs
- ½ cup room temperature water
- ½ cup melted coconut oil or avocado oil
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
Cinnamon Bun Icing:
- ⅓ cup coconut butter
- 2 teaspoons MCT oil
- 2 tablespoons Swerve Confectioners Style Sweetener
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Heat oven to 350℉. Line a 12-count muffin pan with paper liners.
- To make the muffins: Whisk the flax seeds with Swerve, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl. Place the eggs, water, coconut oil, and vanilla in a blender, and blend on high speed for 30 seconds, until foamy. Pour the egg mixture over the flax seed mixture and stir well with a spatula just until incorporated. The batter will be fluffy. Let sit for 3 minutes. Divide the batter among the paper liners or silicone muffin cups. Bake for 17 to 19 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Turn the muffins out on a rack and let cool for at least 20 minutes.
- To make the cinnamon bun topping: Place the coconut butter and MCT oil in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds, until melted and smooth. Stir in the Swerve, vanilla extract, and cinnamon. Using a knife, spread the on each muffin.
- Alternatively, you can leave them plain or top with almond butter.
Calories: 242| Protein: 7g | Fat: 22g | Carbs: 7g | Fiber: 6.5g | Net Carbs: .5g