Be open to finding a workout routine you love! Life’s too short to show up at the gym every day going through the motions, just to say you “did it.” Nothing exciting every came from a level 3.1 and 1.6 incline on a treadmill while watching Judge Judy.
It might take time, but stay open to the process. Most people, even those who dislike exercise, find at least one routine they consider “tolerable.” Or, maybe you’re one of those lucky people who enjoys her daily workout, but things feel lackluster these days? Whatever the case may be, I want you to experience something much more profound. I want you to experience…love. Yes, actual LOVE for your workout. Or love for many workouts?!
In the Beginning…
- What gives you joy and makes you feel alive? Start with that and narrow down your search from there.
- Using a series of simple questions, you’ll find an exercise program so well-suited for you that you’ll feel addicted and beg for more!
- Stop thinking of exercise as tolerable, and find a routine you’re head over heels in love with.
Falling in Love
When it comes to love, you’re unique and must find your own unique life partner. The same is true for your workout. So relax, smile, and be open to finding love…
Love gives you energy. Love creates a powerful rush of endorphins. The world feels new and exciting. New love inspires you to care about yourself, your goals, the impression you’re making on others, your posture, and even your appearance. Your appetite is distracted by thoughts of planning when you’ll next be together. The question of “Where have you been all my life?” becomes your new mantra.
How to Know When it Clicks
- Your soulmate workout makes you feel like you can do anything. It challenges you to never settle; it makes you feel alive, sexy and young.
- When doing a soulmate workout, time literally flies.
- Your perfect workout clears your mind, calms your emotions, awakens your spirit, gives you energy, creativity, and drive.
- You can’t help but endlessly talk about your daily workout.
- You look forward to the next one.
Think this is crazy-talk? That people couldn’t possible CRAVE their daily sweat session? Think again! It’s true! And no, it’s not just the IG models who love their workouts. Moms, teens, grandmas…they love their workouts too! Your soulmate workout is out there, waiting for you to find it. Keep searching and trying new things! Because once you find it, your approach to working out will never be the same.
Questions to Discover a Workout Routine You Love
- What do you prefer: indoor, outdoor workouts?
- Group/team or solo?
- Competitive or noncompetitive?
- High-impact or low-impact?
- Music or silence?
- The sport you enjoy the most is: _________________
- What were you doing the last time you felt young and alive while exercising: ________________
- What kind of music inspires you: _______________
- Do you workout harder in the presence of others? Y/N
- If you could go back in time and have really mastered a sport or activity, what would it be: ______________
Reread the list of replies to these questions and summarize the type of exercise or activity you might have described. Be creative, you might have to create your own. If you need more guidance, check out this exercise personality assessment.
Now go out and “date” your workout.. Create a little romance:) Play the field and try several. Don’t worry, it’s gonna be fun! Even the worst dates teach you something about yourself. Dating workouts add zest to your weekly routine. If you don’t love exercise, it just means you haven’t yet met your soulmate workout. Finding your soulmate is invaluable to your lifelong fitness success. Don’t give up on love! Keep searching for your soulmate workout. Approach it with an open heart.
So, take a moment to write a list of the activities you hereby commit to “trying” in the next 7 days.
I will be your accountability partner! Reply below with what activities your committing to!