We love a good color-theme for holidays around here. So what better way to celebrate Independence Day than with these adorable red, white and blue feta bites? The feta adds a salty tang, while the fruit rounds it out with sweetness. These little low-calorie feta bites work for any holiday or party, but we created them with the 4th in mind. Speaking of cute 4th ideas…check out these for some inspiration. The full recipes are in the 131 Method online program.
Or this cool beverage…
If you’re looking to stay on track with your health and wellness goals over holidays, during travel, or whenever, check out the 131 Method online program. We have HUNDREDS of recipes that work for people with all kinds of dietary issues. From thyroid problems, to dairy and nut allergies, we have you covered!
Feta Bites Recipe Highlights
- SOOOO easy! Just spear and go. We like a little thick balsamic drizzle on top when you’re not watching your carbs.
- Strawberries and blueberries contain incredible antioxidants.
- Feta is relatively low calorie and low fat.
- This cheese (made from sheep and goat), unlike cheese from cows, is often better tolerated.
- Feta provides calcium and B vitamins.
- There are a few dairy-free brands making mock-feta that taste pretty good!
- The consensus on feta cheese is that it’s A-OK for your health.
We want to see your renditions of our 131 recipes. Be sure to tag @131method and #131recipes and #131method in your IG posts! And while you’re at it, comment below about this, or any other 131 recipe.
Feta BitesPrint Recipe
- 12 (½-oz) feta cubes
- 12 medium strawberries
- 12 blueberries
- 12 small basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons thick balsamic vinegar (optional)
- Spear 1 blueberry, strawberry and feta cube with a toothpick. Top with a basil leaf.
- If desired, drizzle the tops with balsamic vinegar.
Calories: 41 | Protein: 2.5g | Fat: 2.5g | Carbs: 2g | Fiber: 0g| Net Carbs: 2g