We have close to 1,000 recipes (and counting) inside the 131 Method program. Our recipes are easy, and always delicious. We love sharing a bunch of them with you. Sharing is caring, right?! You don’t always get the context of the recipes without being in the program though. See, the 131 Method is all about diet phasing. You change the way you eat every few weeks to help your metabolic flexibility. It’s one of the easiest ways to get a hold of your weight. So we have countless keto recipes, vegan recipes, low-fat, high-carb, and more. We explain the how and why in detail in the program. This Easy Oat Blender Pancakes recipe stays true to our 131 form: easy, delicious, freezes well, great for meal prep and helps with one of the phases of the 131 Method.
Why we Phase
Diet phasing keeps your metabolism guessing. It’s how our ancestors ate. The way we do it also helps with gut health (a main contributor of stubborn weight). This recipe, in particular, was designed with BALANCE in mind. With a really good balance of protein, fat and carbs, it stabilizes blood sugar to prevent the spikes and dips that lead to cravings and overeating high carb foods. Regular diets either don’t work, or only work temporarily. Our bodies figure out what we’re up to and adjust to our eating lower calories or over-exercising. So instead of dieting, just phase!
Easy Oat Blender Pancakes Recipe Highlights:
- A great balance of macros to keep blood sugar stable.
- No white or wheat flour (these are gluten-free if you buy G-free oats).
- Made in a blender, these pancakes take mere minutes to make.
- If you cannot handle dairy, add in a scoop of protein powder and water or almond milk to reach desired consistency.
Easy Oat Blender Pancakes Recipe
Yield: 3 servings
Serving Size: 3 pancakes
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 10 min
- 1⅓ cup gluten-free quick cook oats
- ⅔ cup liquid egg whites
- 1 egg
- ½ cup low fat cottage cheese
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1½ teaspoons oil (olive, walnut or coconut)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons crushed walnuts
- Add oats to a blender and pulse process until you end up with oat flour. Add egg whites, egg, cottage cheese, cinnamon, oil, baking powder, and vanilla and process until you reach a batter consistency. Feel free to add water for thinner pancakes.
- Heat a griddle or large pan. Coat with nonstick cooking spray. Spoon batter 9 times to form even pancakes. Cook for about 2-3 minutes, or until lots of bubbles appear. Flip and cook until cooked through and golden.
- Serve with Lakanto syrup, or Powdered Swerve and more cinnamon, Top with walnuts.
Calories: 292| Protein: 19g | Fat: 12g | Carbs: 28g | Fiber: 4g | Net Carbs: 24g