Easy Homemade Chocolate Chunks Recipe
Don’t you hate it when you go to make a recipe and realize you’re almost out of chocolate chips?! Or, maybe you’re trying to do the low-carb thing and need some without a lot of sugar. Well, this homemade chocolate chunks recipe delivers on both problems!
Quick and easy to make, these chocolate chunks are rich and creamy, and work well as a vegan, sugar-free alternative to store-bought chips. They won’t stay super firm at room temperature, but they bake beautifully. Store them in the fridge until needed. If you have a pizza cutter, use it to create fast and easy chunks with a smooth roll of the hand.
Try using your homemade chocolate chunks in these recipes:
Did you know the 131 Method has over 250 recipes designed with your health in mind? Whether you’re low carb, vegan, gluten-free, feeding a family, on a budget, trying to lose weight or just looking for recipes to support your goals, the 131 has your back. Designed to break the cycle of bad diets, the 131 Method teaches healing from the inside out for lasting weight loss success, and a mind-body approach to health and longevity.
Chocolate ChunksPrint Recipe
- 1 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 cup dark cacao powder
- ½ cup Swerve Sweetener Confectioners
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch fine sea salt
- Whisk all ingredients in a medium bowl until no lumps remain.
- Line a 9-by-13-inch sheet pan with parchment paper. Pour liquid on top and spread evenly. Freeze for 20 minutes, or until firm.
- Remove from refrigerator and set out for 2 minutes, then carefully run a knife down and across, creating small chunks.
- Keep leftovers in the refrigerator. Use in recipes as you would chocolate chips. These chips will melt at room temperature. In recipes, they stay in chunk-form but do spread a bit differently than store-bought.
Calories: 177 | Protein: 1g | Fat: 18.5g | Carbs: 3g | Fiber: 1g | Net Carbs: 2g