You know how we feel about dairy. Not only does dairy not agree with most people, but it’s mucous producing and inflammatory for most. Humans are the only species that continues drinking milk past infancy. But dairy flavors are delicious. That’s why we created this Dairy-Free Ranch Trail Mix with all the flavors of ranch dressing, minus the milk and cheese. Get ready for a savory treat that busts chip cravings!
Check out some of our favorite dairy-free recipes:
Ranch Trail Mix Recipe Highlights
- Nuts offer many health benefits and are easily portable in all weather conditions (hiking, the beach, work, etc).
- Hemp seeds offer healthy fats and are a vegan source of protein. (More on hemp below).
- Pumpkin seeds are super foods!
- Apple cider vinegar aids digestion and helps get your body alkaline.
Why we Love Hemp
Hey vegans, we got your back! The 131 method has a bunch of hemp seed recipes because we know you need good, plant-based options containing protein. If you’re not on the hemp train yet, get on board!
- Hemp seeds contain over 30% fat. They are rich in two essential fatty acids, linoleic acid (omega-6) and alpha-linolenic acid (omega-3).
- These tiny seeds contain lots of protein. More than 25% of their total calories are from high-quality protein.
- Hemp seeds may reduce your risk of heart disease (1).
- They’re great for skin, PMS and menopause (1).
- They also contain fiber, which aids digestion.
Comment below when you make our Ranch Trail Mix recipe! And tag us on social using #131method and #131recipes
Dairy-Free Ranch Trail MixPrint Recipe
- ⅓ cup hemp seeds
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- ¾ teaspoon dried dill
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup macadamia nuts
- 1 cup raw almonds or walnuts
- ½ cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Add the hemp seeds, nutritional yeast, dill, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper to a small blender or food processor and pulse to fine crumbs.
- Add the nuts, seeds, oil, lemon juice, and vinegar to a large bowl and stir well. Stir in crumb mixture until nuts are fully coated.
- Spread onto a nonstick baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes, shaking the pan once at the 8-minute mark.
- Store in a sealed container for up to 5 days.
Calories: 337 | Protein: 10g | Fat: 31g | Carbs: 8g | Fiber: 4g | Net Carbs: 4g