Every so often a new product pops up on the market and absolutely blows our minds here in the 131 Method kitchen. Recently, we got hooked on two such drool-worthy brands: Miyokos vegan butter and Violife vegan cream cheese. There are quite a few plant-based products out there claiming to be “healthy,” but they’re either full of GMO soy, thickeners or artificial ingredients. But these two brands get our stamp of approval, and they taste SO much like the real things…salty, creamy butter, and tangy and rich cream cheese. The two together birthed this yummy low-carb treat: Dairy-Free Cookie Dough Cheesecake Bars.
Now, feel free to use real butter and cream cheese, if you like. However, if dairy causes you bloat, discomfort or inflammation, go grab these from your local healthy grocery store (we found ours at Sprouts and Whole Foods) and get baking!
Dairy-Free Cookie Dough Cheesecake Bar Highlights
These bars contain no dairy or sugar. We sweetened these with Swerve or Monk Fruit (which doesn’t spike your blood sugar and are calorie-free). This dessert is rich and filling, so you only need one square to feel fully satisfied. We love these on the Ignite phase of the 131 Method.
Dairy-Free Cookie Dough Cheesecake Bars
Yield: 8 servings
Serving Size: 1 bar
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 36 min
- ½ cup Miyokos vegan butter (or butter flavored coconut oil), softened
- ⅔ cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons powdered Swerve
- 1 (7.05) container of Violife plant-based cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon drippy cashew butter
- ¼ cup powdered Swerve
- 1 medium egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 oz sugar-free chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350° Line a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper and coat it with cooking spray.
- Mix the crust ingredients and press into pan. Bake for 8 minutes. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl with a mixer, cream the cream cheese, cashew butter, Swerve, egg and vanilla until smooth. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour over crust. Bake for 30-32 minutes until mostly set. Cool and then chill for 4-6 hours. Slice and serve.
- Feel free to top with more chocolate chips or melt them and drizzle on top.
Calories: 256| Protein: 4g | Fat: 24g | Carbs: 8g | Fiber: 2.5g | Net Carbs: 5.5g
Comment below if you make these incredible Dairy-Free Cookie Dough Cheesecake Bars! We love hearing from you!
I love sweets as a diabetic that’s a no no. I am looking for sugar free dessert without the after taste, I noticed some even cause diarrhea. I need recipes that uses naturally sweet fruits as a sugar substitute
You’re likely sensitive to sugar alcohols then. Try this article to help:) https://blog.131method.com/top-10-natural-sweeteners-sugar-alternatives/