Homemade is always better than its store-bought counterpart, right? It’s healthier, it’s customizable, and it tastes fresher! This is not your traditional almond or peanut butter. Nope! This nut butter recipe tastes straight up like dessert, and cashews are the star of the show. Even though cashews are lower in fiber and slightly higher in carbs than other nuts, they are still nutrient dense, full of healthy, satisfying fats, vitamins E & K, and minerals such as zinc and magnesium.
The decadent addition of butter flavor coconut oil, vanilla beans and dark chocolate take this nut butter up a notch, making it a sweet addition to breakfast, lunch, or dessert. A spoonful is the perfect snack to satisfy any sweet tooth. We always choose Lily’s sugar-free chocolate chips. Enjoy!
Now, could you mess around with the recipe a bit? Sure! We recommend you do! It’s part of what makes you courageous in the kitchen and accountable for your food choices. So, if you prefer, peanuts and/or almonds, feel free to use a blend of a few nuts. You could even substitute our favorite vanilla bean ghee for the oil! However you blend up your nut butter, we know it’ll taste fantastic!
Let us know in the comments if you give it a try!
Cookie Dough Nut ButterPrint Recipe
- 1¾ cups lightly salted cashew pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter flavored coconut oil*
- 2 tablespoons Granulated Monk Fruit Sweetener, or stevia, to taste
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla bean powder or beans from one pod**
- 2 tablespoons sugar-free chocolate chips or cacao nibs
- In a large, high powered food processor, add the cashews, coconut oil, sweetener and vanilla beans. Process until smooth (about 5 minutes). Let cool slightly. Stir in chocolate. (If using cacao nibs, process those with the butter rather than stirring them in).
- *Butter flavored coconut oil is now found in many stores or online. If you cannot find it, use coconut oil and ½ teaspoon butter extract.
**Vanilla bean powder is an easier option than buying vanilla bean pods and opening and scraping them. Both are delicious, so it’s up to you. Vanilla bean powder is available off Amazon; vanilla beans (in pod form) are available from chains like Sprouts and Whole Foods.
Nutrition Information (with cacao nibs):
Calories: 192 | Protein: 5g | Fat: 16g | Carbs: 9g | Fiber: 2g | Net Carbs: 7g