In this video, 131 Method Media Chef, Erin Woodbury, makes a bite sized holiday treat. This Chocolate Mint Truffles recipe is a nut-free dessert and a hit for all ages. Using no sugar, and hemp seeds as the base, they’re full of healthy fats and are a vegan source of protein.
Chocolate Mint Truffles (Nut-Free)
Yield: 14 servings
Serving Size: 1 truffle
Prep Time: 15 min
Chill Time: 10 min
- ¾ cup hemp seeds (also called hemp hearts)
- ½ cup cacao powder
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar substitute such as Lakanto Monk Fruit, Swerve, or stevia, to taste*
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1½- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, softened
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch sea salt
- Extra cacao powder for coating**
- Place hemp seeds through sea salt into a food processor and process until a dough ball forms. Pinch a bit of dough between fingers to ensure it sticks and will hold. If not, add a teaspoon or so of additional milk.
- Roll into 14 balls.
- *You can purchase powdered sugar substitute such as Swerve or Lakanto brands, or make your own by placing granulated sweetener by the same brands into a blender and processing for 5 seconds until it looks like powdered sugar. Alternatively, use stevia and adjust the amount, as stevia is far sweeter.
- **Coat with additional cacao powder, or even additional powdered sweetener. You can also create a chocolate drizzle by melting sugar-free chocolate chips, such as Lily’s brand, or melting coconut oil and stirring in stevia and cacao powder.
Calories: 87| Protein: 3.5g | Fat: 6.5g | Carbs: 2.5g | Fiber: 1g | Net Carbs: 1.5g
To learn more about the 131 Method and see more recipes like our Chocolate Mint Truffles, visit www.131method.com
Leave a Reply