Our Chocolate Biscotti recipe comes together, quite effortlessly, in under 40 minutes, with only about 10 minutes of hands-on time. What could be simpler? All that’s left to do is make a 131 Fat Coffee, Lavender Latte, or Pumpkin Spice Latte for dipping!
What is Biscotti?
Biscotti is an Italian biscuit cookie. It’s twice baked (meaning you bake it as a loaf, and then sliced in order to crisp up all sides. They are oblong and quite crunchy, making them perfect for dipping into warm beverages, like coffee or hot cocoa. Not overly sweet, they generally contain nuts, and more traditional versions, some almond extract. In our chocolate biscotti version, we add extra dark (actually black) cocoa powder. This recipe would taste great if you added chopped dried cherries!
Yield: 7 servings
Serving Size: 1 biscotti
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 23 min
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons almond flour
- ⅓ cup Swerve Confectioners Sweetener
- 2 tablespoons dark cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup melted butter, ghee or coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons sugar-free chocolate chips (optional)
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds (optional)
- Heat oven to 350°
- Mix the dry ingredients (almond flour through baking soda) in a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the butter, egg and vanilla. Pour the wet into dry and stir to combine. Stir in chocolate chips, if using.
- Form a loaf on a sheet of parchment paper. Top with almonds, if using. Bake for 16 minutes. Remove to cool for 5 minutes.
- Slice into 7 or 8 log-shaped pieces and turn each one on its side. Return to oven for 3 minutes. Flip to other side and bake for 5 minutes. Remove to cool completely, at which time the biscotti will firm up.
- If desired, melt additional chocolate to drizzle on top.
Calories: 206| Protein: 6g | Fat: 18g | Carbs: 6g | Fiber: 3g | Net Carbs: 3g
Check out all of our amazing recipes here at the 131 Method– where we aren’t ON a diet. We HAVE a diet! We practice intuitive eating and ditch inflammatory foods to feel better from the inside out!
We hope you enjoy this, and all of our recipes! Want some accountability? Check out our 131 Method Workbook for food and hydration logging, mood, body stats, and so much more!
And comment below when you give these a try! We love hearing from you!
Leave a Reply