Ketoheads unite! This savory waffle, affectionately known as the “Chaffle” (as in, cheesy waffle) is a little known sensation. We are bringing it to you because, #1- you really need more things to do with your dusty waffle maker. #2- many of you are savory folks and prefer cheese to syrup. #3- we love bringing you low carb recipes that take mere minutes and only a few ingredients to complete.
Make it your Own
You get to decide how you flavor your chaffle, and which type of cheese you use. We opted for goat cheddar, which we got from Trader Joe’s, because many people handle goat and sheep’s milk better than regular dairy. But if you handle dairy just fine, feel free to go cheddar-happy! Spice yours up, opt for different seasoning, or even sub in kale for the broccoli, if you prefer.
We chose broccolini for the less tight florets, but regular broccoli works too! Cauliflower or shaved Brussels sprouts would work well too. Get those cruciferous veggies in any chance you can!
Broccoli Cheddar Chaffle
Yield: 1 serving
Serving Size: full recipe
Prep Time: 3 min
Cook Time: 4 min
- ½ cup shredded goat’s milk cheddar or regular cheddar cheese
- 1 egg
- 1-2 broccolini florets, chopped
- 1 tablespoon almond flour
- Pinch garlic power
- Pinch onion powder
- Mix everything together using a fork in a medium bowl.
- Add batter to half of a waffle maker or fill a mini waffle maker. Cook for about 4 minutes, then remove.
- Let chaffle sit for 1-2 minutes on a plate to firm up.
Calories: 352| Protein: 23g | Fat: 27g | Carbs: 6g | Fiber: 1g | Net Carbs: 5g
Let us know if you make a chaffle by commenting below!
Leave a Reply