Here at the 131 Method, we bring you all kinds of creative recipes, satisfying a variety of needs. That’s because we believe you should be changing the way you eat (AKA, diet phasing) every month or so. For us, that means a phase of a keto-ish eating. Then, a phase of a micronutrient dense eating where the focus is more plants, less meat. Lastly, we teach the concept of carb cycling, where your body learns to burn carbs rather than store them. Our Cauliflower Ceviche recipe fits into any phase of the 131 Method. It was created to fit perfectly into the Nourish phase (phase 2), where the focus is more plants, less animal. However, it works beautifully anywhere thanks to its low carb, high-nutrient nature.
How to Serve your Cauliflower Ceviche
Obviously, this dish looks stunning for a party appetizer. The seasonal nature of tomatoes, and fresh and citrus-based flavors, scream SUMMER. Make it for a party, or even just for your family on an al fresco evening. We love Siete chips at 131 HQ. They’re grain-free chips made with top-quality ingredients. No inflammatory oils or GMO corn in these babies. But if chips don’t work for you, opt for celery sticks, bell pepper or cucumber “chips,” grain-free tortillas, lettuce cups, or topped over a salad.
We. Love. Cauliflower. Cruciferous vegetables are cancer-fighting powerhouses that fill you up, for very few calories. Our cauliflower ceviche is full of antioxidants from the tomatoes, cilantro, onions and avocado.
- We tested this recipe out on several people who claim they “hate cauliflower.” Guess what?! Every taste-tester came back for more. And more! The cauliflower absorbs the spicy-citrus flavors so any original flavor becomes masked. The texture transforms into that of a hard, white fish, similar to traditional ceviche.
- Customize your cauliflower ceviche by adding more or less spice, or changing the citrus to fresh lemon, or orange.
- A perfect recipe for summer, keeping things seasonal with the bounty of tomatoes that grow.
- Low calorie, low carb, high fiber.
Want more Cauliflower Recipes? Check out our Faves…
Comment below on this recipe, or your 131 Method experience so far. And tag us when you make a recipe. @131method, #131method, #131recipes
Cauliflower CevichePrint Recipe
- 1 small head cauliflower
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 large jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Juice of 2 limes
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Dash hot sauce, optional
- 1 small avocado chopped
- Remove all stems from cauliflower and chop florets into small pieces (the size of buttons). Coat a large skillet with olive oil cooking spray. Over high heat, sauté for about 6 minutes, or until just tender. Remove to cool.
- Add cooled cauliflower to a bowl and stir in the tomato, onion, cilantro, jalapeno, garlic, lime juice, onion powder, salt and hot sauce, if using. Gently fold in the avocado. Chill for at least an hour, and up to 4 hours.
- Serve with grain-free chips, celery, tortillas, lettuce cups, or straight from the bowl.
Calories: 50 | Protein: 1.5g | Fat: 3g | Carbs: 6g | Fiber: 2.5g | Net Carbs: 3.5g