SHHHHH- It’s a Secret!
Don’t freak out, okay? Promise? This candy has a sneaky ingredient and we’re ready to bet ya that no one will know! Our secret: riced cauliflower. It blends in perfectly with unsweetened coconut shreds for a taste and texture quite close to the real thing. The key is using FROZEN and defrosted riced cauliflower (which ends up soft and without the sulfer-y smell and taste of fresh). Betcha never thought you’d say cauliflower candy, huh?!
Start wowing your family (and tricking your kids) with just a few easy ingredients and a spare 10-minutes. Keep these on-hand for sweet cravings during any phase of the 131 Method. One of the best ways we teach about better health is through whole, natural foods. Cauliflower, along with all cruciferous vegetables, boost your health on a cellular level. Aside from helping kick cancer and reduce inflammation, these super-foods fight free radicals and detoxify the body. Sugar and traditional treats do the exact opposite. But, we also believe in moderation. That’s why we believe in makeovers, like this Cauliflower Candy recipe.
Want to know more about how to heal your gut, lose weight and repair your hormones? Check out the 131 Method Book here.
Let us know what you think of this recipe in the comments below! We love it when you tell us all about how you fool your family into eating healthy!
Cauliflower Almond Joy CandyPrint Recipe
- ½ cup frozen cauliflower
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 1½ tablespoons Swerve Sweetener Confectioners
- 1 tablespoon Vitafiber Syrup
- 1 tablespoon softened coconut butter
- 1 teaspoon coconut flour
- Dash vanilla extract
- Dash sea salt
- 3 tablespoons Lily’s sugar - free chocolate chips
- ½ teaspoon coconut oil
- 5 almonds (optional)
- Allow cauliflower to thaw, then squeeze out all liquid. You should be left with about ¼-packed cup. Add to a bowl with the coconut, sweetener, Vitafiber, coconut butter, coconut flour, vanilla and salt. Stir for 1 minute, then form into 5-fun-sized logs.
- Freeze for 10 minutes.
- Melt the cholate and coconut oil in a microwave in 20 second intervals until melted.
- Coat each log with chocolate, top with an almond, if using, and place back in the freezer to harden (about 10 minutes).
- Store in a sealed container in the fridge or freezer.
Calories: 102 | Protein: 1.5g | Fat: 9g | Carbs: 9g | Fiber: 6g | Net Carbs: 3g