Carrot Walnut BurgersPrint Recipe
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 6oz sliced Cremini mushrooms
- 2oz shredded carrots
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Pinch black pepper
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- Add the walnuts, mushrooms, and carrots to a large food processor. Pulse until mixture is broken down and resembles a soft dough. Pulse in the green onion, tapioca flour, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Form into 4 large patties.
- Heat a large skillet over medium. Add the oil. Place the patties in the oil and cook for 5 minutes without moving. Reduce heat to medium-low, carefully flip (patties will be delicate) and cook for 5 minutes, pressing down slightly to ensure the centers get cooked. Let cool in the pan for a few minutes, then remove to a plate to cool for 5 minutes. Patties will firm up as they cool a bit.
- Serve inside butter lettuce leaves, crumbled over a salad or topped with guacamole.
Calories: 287 | Protein: 7g | Fat: 27g | Carbs: 9g | Fiber: 3g | Net Carbs: 6g