There’s just something about a doughnut shape that makes you smile and know you’re in for a delicious treat. Maybe it’s childhood nostalgia? Who Knows! But we won’t ask questions. We will continue to grin (and drool) over all things doughnut in our 131 Method kitchen. Our latest creation incorporates fresh blueberries for a pop of color and fresh flavor. Make sure to use fresh blueberries, otherwise your blueberry doughnuts will end up purple. You just was a little “P.O.C” (pop of color)- not a soggy purple tie-dyed mess.
We added a cream cheese drizzle for those of you who tolerate dairy. If you don’t, feel free to try a vegan cream cheese, or simply sprinkle with some Powdered Swerve. Our version actually came from our beloved homemade 1-ingredient cream cheese, which we teach you how to make right here. Be sure to try our super popular Apple Cinnamon Doughnut Recipe too!
Blueberry Doughnuts with Cream Cheese Drizzle
Yield: 5 servings
Serving Size: 1 doughnut
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 16 min
- 1 cup fine almond flour
- 5 tablespoons Swerve Sweetener Confectioners
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons nondairy milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- ⅓ cup fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons softened cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons Swerve Sweetener Confectioners
- 1½ tablespoons nondairy milk
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl whisk the almond flour through baking soda. Add eggs through extracts and whisk well. Stir in blueberries.
- Spoon batter into the cavities of 5 silicone doughnut molds. Bake for about 16 minutes or until set. Cool completely before removing.
- Stir topping ingredients and drizzle on before serving.
Calories: 185| Protein: 8g | Fat: 16g | Carbs: 9.5g | Fiber: 2.5g | Net Carbs: 7g
Tag us on Instagram when you make these yummy blueberry doughnuts! @131method #131method #131recipes
And comment below and let us know which recipes you love that need a healthy makeover!