Salad. Salsa. Meal. Side Dish. Dip. CHECK! This recipe has it all. Our Black Bean Corn Salad is a low-cost recipe to bring to all of your summer BBQs (or quick weeknight family meal).
Fantastic on its own, this easy-breezy salad saves and transports well for your Carb Charge days. Its versatility is actually the fun part! Serve it over salad, in lettuce cups, over cauliflower rice or quinoa, over ground beef or shredded chicken, or with healthy chips as a chunky “salsa.”
Feel free to add additional veggies (like jicama!) if you need to! Cucumbers, avocado and all colors of bell peppers work great!
Not sure what “Carb Charge” means or if it’s right for you? Well, check out the 131 Method to learn how to phase your diet in order to heal your gut, break weight loss resistance, restore hormones and repair inflammation! We are all about HEALTHY carbs, and this Black Bean and Corn Salad fits the bill!
Black Bean Benefits (1)
- Helps regulate blood sugar
- Slow burning carb
- Reduces cancer risk
- Prevents heart attacks and strokes
- Lowers cholesterol
- Beneficial to digestive system
- Reduces impotence for older men
Make sure you only buy non GMO corn for this recipe!
Black Bean and Corn SaladPrint Recipe
- 2 (15 oz) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 pounds (2 bags) frozen corn kernels, defrosted
- 3 large tomatoes, chopped
- ⅓ cup lime juice
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and diced
- 1½ teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon Swerve Sweetener Granular
- 1 small bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 large avocado, chopped (optional)
- Add black beans through Swerve into a large bowl and toss well to combine. Fold in cilantro, cover, and refrigerate for at least one hour before serving. Fold in avocado, if using, just before serving.
- Serve over a bed of greens, over chicken or as a side dish
Calories: 290 | Protein: 14g | Fat: 2g | Carbs: 66g | Fiber: 12g| Net Carbs: 54g
Thanks Lynda! I’ll keep you posted:) gluten free diet