In this interview you’ll hear from better sleep expert, Shawn Stevenson. He’ll discuss why the population doesn’t value sleep, the damage caused by poor resting habits, food cravings that occur with deprivation and how that impacts weight loss resistance. You’ll be amazed at the sleep and body transformations that occur from getting better ZZZ’s at night!
If you think you function better than others without proper rest, or that you’ll sleep when you’re dead, this episode is for you! In this interview with Shawn Stevenson, we dive in to the importance of sleep and how it affects weight loss. A shift needs to occur in society so that we begin to value restoration. We all think that if we’re not hustling 24 hours a day, we aren’t doing something right or we’re not going to be successful. We dismiss the signals our bodies give us. And because of that, we are setting ourselves up for disaster.
Topics discussed in this episode:
- Why society doesn’t value sleep and how we change that
- Specific research that correlates sleep and obesity
- How deprivation affects glucose levels
- How HGH, or the youth hormone, is affected by lack of sleep
- Setting yourself up for success when it comes to bedtime
- Quantity versus quality
- Energy and adrenal fatigue
- What to do when you’re wired tired
- Tips to help you fall asleep faster
- Why REM is so important
To learn more about the 131 Method visit www.131method.com