Here at the 131 Method we’re all about making life easier for you! We know simple recipes=more compliance with your healthy eating goals. This low carb donut recipe is just a few ingredients all whisked in one bowl (#onebowlwonder) making cleanup a breeze. So, there’s no excuse to not swap them for store-bought treats loaded with sugar and trans-fat.
Embrace the Silicone
In addition to this fantastic recipe comes our recommendation for buying yourself some silicone. That’s right, embrace the silicone ladies! Silicone baking mats, cups for muffins and donut pans will legit change your life. Not only will nothing ever stick again, but you’ll save countless minutes post-baking because silcone needs a quick wipe, not soaking, scraping and crying your way through cleanup. Many #pinterestfails come from inadequate kitchen equipment. The wrong cake pans, old crusty skillets and “just a little rusty” muffin tins cause things to stick, ruining all your hard work. Amazon has all the kinds; a quick search yields tons of options.
Low Carb, Still Yum
This recipe leans on almond flour, not almond meal. The texture has perfect density but is less cake-y than other gluten-free type donuts that use coconut flour. A fun tip is to try one of our 131 muffin recipes in your new silicone donut pan. We like to do the ol’ switchero on our kids! When they get tired of muffins as snacks, simply take the exact same recipe but shape it like a donut. It’s fun to fool them into eating healthy, huh!? We did that here with our PB&J Muffin Recipe batter and it worked like a charm.
Apple Cinnamon DonutsPrint Recipe
- 1½ cups almond flour
- ⅓ cup Lakanto Monkfruit Golden (or Swerve)
- 1½ teaspoons apple pie spice
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- Pinch sea salt
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons applesauce
- 1 tablespoon melted ghee or coconut oil
- Heat oven to 350° Whisk dry ingredients in a medium bowl. Add the eggs, applesauce, and ghee and whisk until fully combined
- Spoon into 6 cavities of a silicone donut pan. Bake for 14-15 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes, pop out, and sprinkle with cinnamon and additional Monkfruit sweetener, if desired.
Calories: 205 | Protein: 9g | Fat: 17g | Carbs: 7g | Fiber: 3g | Net Carbs: 4g