There are a number of reasons why people fall off the wagon around holidays. They don’t plan well. Or, they go in planning to “cheat.” But what if you changed your mindset? What if you went into that gathering with a commitment to your goal? It’s not about depriving yourself. Nope! We don’t believe in that! It’s entirely about preparation (like, bringing your own healthy, delicious and easy recipes) and walking in with a plan.
Memorial Day recipes should be seasonal, because hey, it’s finally warm out! No need for heavy baked goods or the kinds of recipes you find over Christmas. Spring and summer recipes scream for light and fresh ingredients. Fortunately, those things are abundant this time of year. Agree to show up un-tempted by the foods that cause you distress. You’ve worked too hard figuring out what those are to let a cheese platter bloat you like a balloon! Try these easy strategies, and then whip up some of our easy and healthy Memorial Day recipes!
- Don’t show up starving
- Prepare recipes that fit your plan and eat them
- Choose a calorie-free beverage and hold it to occupy your hands
- Stay hydrated and full with your beverage
- Use the “one-bite-rule”… try it, enjoy it and toss the rest
- Use the “spit-it” rule. If ya don’t love it, spit it out!
Our Top 10 Healthy & Easy Memorial Day Recipes
- Broccoli Salad
- Hydrating Popsicles
- Pineapple Delight
- Avocado Cucumber Dip
- Cauliflower Hummus
- Black Bean and Corn Salad
- Cauliflower Potato Salad
- Fruit Salsa Polenta Rounds
- Bret’s Skinny Cocktail
- Basil Berry Infused Water: Simply chop up watermelon, blueberries, strawberries and mint. Place in a large pitcher with sparkling or filtered water and chill.
How do you plan to party this Memorial day? Let us know below! And, tell us your party strategies!